Saturday, November 16, 2013

Non

I'm in Whitewater WI for a speech tournament this weekend. Whitewater may be one of the most dismal places - at least from my perspective. Nearly every year we come to this tournament, the weather is horrid. Today it is windy and drizzling. Ick. Good thing I quit smoking.

Let me say that again . . .

Good! Thing! I! Quit! Smoking!

Smoked my last cigarette on Sunday. Woke up as a non-smoker on Monday. Lived through an emotional crisis on Wednesday. If I make it through a forensics weekend, it's safe to say being a non-smoker suits me.

Do you know how many times I've quit smoking? More than the number of 1st dates I've had in my lifetime, and that's a lot. I have no idea why I'm so sure it's going to "stick" this time, but I have no doubt about it - I'm a non-smoker.

Up until letting the whole world (or 6 people who regularly read my blog) know, I had only told a couple of people. I guess I didn't want to make a big deal out of it. I know it's a big deal, I just find it odd when people want to congratulate me for changing a behavior that was completely idiotic in the first place. Kind of like congratulating a potential murderer for not going through with it.

So anyway. Yea me.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post. Sending good thoughts your way...

    ReplyDelete