Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Who Wants to Make a Deal?

I think I'm going to buy a car tomorrow. It's a pre-owned Sportage. It looks kind of like this:
So, it's cute. But more importantly, it has AWD. That was the kicker for me. I know I'm going to have to "haggle" on the price, and that's making me a bit nervous. So, being the nerd I am, I went online and watched videos of how to negotiate on a car price. The best info I found came from here: http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Savings/car-101-negotiate-opening-offer/story?id=11846091

I have my starting bid, and how much I'll go up to, set in my head. If we end up higher than I want, I'll ask Matt (my sales guy) to show me something else on the lot. I'm also bringing my tablet with Edmonds.com, KBB and NADA all bookmarked. I am READY TO RUMBLE. And praying I don't get taken for a schmuck.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting article on negotiating I clicked on some of the links to check out those stories too.
    According to their advice, if you can't reach agreement on price then you should leave the dealership not ask to see other vehicles. Politely tell them that that number is above your budget and you're going to go check out other dealerships to see what else you can find.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete