Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Fizzy Lifting Drinks

You know that scene in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, when Charlie and his grandpa drink Fizzy Lifting Drinks and float up to the ceiling? Yesterday, Joe texted that he missed me, and I felt like I'd drank some Fizzy Lifting Drink. Just for a second. But it was definitely Fizzy. Right in my stomach. I'm not going to analyze, I'm just going to say . . . it was Fizzy goodness.

We talked forever on the phone tonight. We talked about his kids (he has 2 - a daughter who is 20 and a son who is a senior in high school.) It was sweet to hear him talk about them. We talked about my trip to the Twin Cities yesterday for a forensics tournament. He doesn't know ANYTHING about forensics - which is kind of cool. We talked about the pizza I would be making for the Super Bowl Commercial viewing party (I'm trying to trick him into watching some of the game) we have planned for Sunday. His favorite pizza toppings are pepperoni and banana peppers. We talked about birthdays. He is a Scorpio. He has a really, really good laugh.

There it is again . . . Fizzy Lifting Drink . . .

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for fizzy lifting drinks! I've been trying to find a good way to explain that "feeling" for a while now, and I think this it is. It's PERFECT.

    ReplyDelete