Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Rejection with a side of confusion

It is cold. Freaking cold. Stupid cold. I'm retiring in Florida cold. Cold that made my eyelashes form icicles when I walked across campus today. I really, really hope the rejection messages I sent to PoF guys yesterday didn't feel as cold as the weather.

I needed to let 2 guys know I just wasn't interested. I sent them emails that basically said they weren't my type and I appreciated their emails, but I was looking for something else. I also wished them luck. You know what was cool? BOTH emailed me back to thank them. Glad I bit the bullet and sent the emails.

Second date with Sauce Guy was fun. We toured Leines, sampled some beer, and had lunch in EC. I paid for lunch (thanks to my friend Patrick, who helped me work through the conundrum of who-pays-when-what-where) and we came back to my house for coffee before I had to go to a forensics meeting.

At this point (only 2 dates in- I KNOW it's too early for analysis, but I can't help it) I'm not sure that there's a "connection." Part of it is, we are very different personalities. He's not "funny" - but he laughs at my attempts at humor. He is very "business" oriented, while I'm very "interpersonal communication" oriented. I have no idea if that makes sense. I'm trying really hard to have patience and see if this goes anywhere . . . but I've already established I'm not good at patience. We do have a third (THIRD!) date scheduled for Sunday. I'm going to cook and we're going to watch a movie. I'm looking forward to it, I just have to figure out what to make.

In other news, today was the first day of spring semester classes. I had 2 classes this morning and I really like them both. This was the email I sent them the night before class:

"For those of you who are hoping UWEC cancels classes because of the cold . . . it won't happen. Now that I've burst your bubble, pretend for just a moment I'm your mother/grandma/uncle/significant other/anyone else who might nag you . . . IT'S GOING TO BE FLIPPIN' COLD TOMORROW MORNING!! So ditch the cute first...-day-of-school outfit and wear many, many layers of warm clothing. The best hat wins a prize. In all seriousness, you are required to be in class - even if hell has frozen over - if UWEC does not cancel class. I look forward to meeting you!" 
I think it made them laugh, it certainly got every single one of them to class. Between the two classes are 3 identical twins (none of their twins are in the class with them), one student who is the cousin of Jenna Fischer (Pam from The Office) and one student who is the great-grand niece of Curly Lambeau. Oh, and the prize winners both had Green Bay Packers hats, and the prize was cereal - because it's a morning class! Tomorrow I meet my Listening class, and I'm excited AND nervous.

Tomorrow I think I'll blog the story of the worst date I've ever had. lt's a doozy.

Oh, and for the record, Sauce Guy is a good kisser. But that is the last I'm going to say about THAT area.

Carry on . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment