Monday, January 14, 2013

A sign?

I was on my way to meet Sauce Guy for our first date. I liked the outfit I'd chosen, had put on lipstick (my dear friend Karen will be quite proud of this) and had "get to know you" questions planned in case there was a lull in the conversation. It was lightly snowing and the sun was trying to break through the clouds. I was sitting at a red light, trying to figure out if I was nervous, when I saw it. A rainbow. I've seen many rainbows on rainy summer days - but have never seen one in the snow. It was beautiful. And I immediately decided it was a sign.  


It was a good first date. We talked about a lot of stuff - his kids, family, vacations, jobs - normal first date stuff. But here's the thing - it was comfortable. I get the feeling we are both looking for the same things, so it will be interesting to see how this develops. Whoa! Is that a bit of optimism?

I was pleasantly surprised that he looked like his online pictures - that is RARELY the case. I think he looks like Jason Alexander.
Take away the beard and put him in a turtleneck and he could almost be his twin. He has a nice smile. He does yoga and would like to take a ballroom dancing class. I'm pretty sure there will be a second date, which would improve my conversion rate :-)

So - after this good first date, I got home to find another message from a PoF guy. We have been emailing for a couple of weeks. He casually asked if I wanted to get together for coffee sometime. I still don't have his phone number (nor does he have mine) and I usually like to talk to someone on the phone before meeting them. However,  might just take the risk and meet him without a phone call. Who knows, I may have another first date story soon . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment