Monday, November 25, 2013

Anticipation

I am so ready for Thanksgiving break. I'm ready to sleep in. I'm ready to grade until my brain hurts, because I can stay in my pajamas. I'm ready to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. I'm ready to make my amazing cornbread stuffing. In fact, that may be the ONLY thing I make, because, have you seen the price of turkeys?

I'm ready for 4 days of being completely selfish about what I do with my time. This is one of the BIG advantages of being single! I can read when I want. I can crochet when I want. I can watch Dr. Who for 14 hours straight, or take a nap. Or take 4 naps in 1 day.

I've decided I'm not putting up a Christmas tree this year, since I'd only have it up a couple of weeks and it's just not worth fighting the cats over. But that means I have more time to wrap presents! I have to finish making the presents - but then I can wrap them!

I may not shower the entire weekend. Because I probably won't leave the house. I may watch cat videos for most of Friday. And Saturday I may watch the entire Harry Potter movie montage. Or maybe I'll bake Christmas cookies and watch Scrooge.

The point is - I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE HOLIDAY TO GET HERE!!! Seriously, every person I interacted with today has already mentally left for Thanksgiving break. The fact that we have classes until 5pm on Wednesday is ridiculous. The good news for me is that once I get through my 3 classes tomorrow, I'm sort-of home free.

Ooohhh - pumpkin pie. I need to make and consume pumpkin pie. Pumpkin pie with a side of cornbread stuffing sounds absolutely perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment