Things on my mind today . . .
1. I'm bummed my Winterim class got cancelled due to low enrollment. That was a chunk of money I could have really used. I'm going to trust that, as my mum always says, "It will be OK!"
2. My friend K. is in the Philippines for work. I'm worried about her and hope she is safe.
3. Luna is finally talking to me again. I spent $8 on contained mouse traps in the hope that there will never again be an episode like The Great Mouse Murder of 2013. I have no problem with dead mice. I have a huge problem with half-alive mice in Luna's cat-jaws-of-terror.
4. Sometimes I don't think I'm smart enough to do my job.
5. I have a pipe-dream that Marshall Mathers (Eminem) would come and guest lecture in my Pop Culture class. That would be so freaking amazing.
6. I wish someone would come and clean my house for me. But first I'd have to clean it so I wouldn't be embarrassed by how filthy it is.
7. Getting paid once a month is cool, because once I pay all my bills on the first of the month, I know how much money I have left.
8. Getting paid once a month sucks because when the 19th or 20th day of the month gets here, I start realizing how little money I have left for the month.
9. I have 35 papers and 60 tests to grade this weekend.
10. In 771 days I will turn 50.