Saturday, November 9, 2013

Early Morning Peace

I've never written a post so early in the morning, but what the heck.

Morning is my favorite time of day. I'm slow in the morning. It takes me a good hour or two to get moving. I get up early so I can enjoy this time. A pot of coffee, the morning news (I'm a Today Show girl!), the interwebs, a kitty cuddled on each side of me . . . bliss. The peacefulness of morning reminds me to be grateful and it's when I do most of my praying.

Morning is my planning time. It's when the day is still full of possibility and I'm optimistic about what the day will bring. I usually make a to-do list, checking yesterday's list to see what I forgot. Today's list isn't long, but it's "dense" - meaning some of the tasks will take a lot of time. But that's OK, I have the whole day ahead of me.

What is on today's list?
1. Dust and vacuum my filthy house
2. Mix up cookie dough to be baked tomorrow
3. Grade 60 exams
4. Dig out winter coats/hats/gloves/scarves
5. Supervise the students I have coming to rake leaves
6. Clean out the litter box
7. Do some research for school
8. Write at least 2 letters

I won't complete everything on the list. I often become distracted by "organizing" tasks and veer off the list on a tangent that lasts the whole afternoon. But I'm OK with that. The point is that in these early morning, peaceful moments, anything is possible.

Now, you will have to excuse me. My coffee cup is empty and I'm going to have to disturb the kitties in order to get up and pour a 3rd cup. Then, it's on to tackling my list. Or taking a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment