Friday, March 22, 2013

Random Friday Thoughts

I have a first date with Quilter Guy today. We're going for lunch. I'm not really excited for it. I anticipate being bored. I need an attitude adjustment.

I was SUPER productive the first half of spring break. Grading? DONE! Assignment prep? DONE! Laundry? DONE! But yesterday and today? Not so much. I'm on a movie-watching binge. Finally saw The Sessions - it was so good! On a dare, I watched The Human Centipede. WTF?? All I can say is that the acting and special effects were better than Twilight - Breaking Dawn Part 2. Later today I'm going to finally watch Argo.

I have taken a nap every day this week. It has been glorious. I'm trying to figure out how to sneak in a nap at the office. If I tried this, I'd probably end up crashing backwards out of my desk chair. This makes me want a Lazy-boy in my office even more.


I've also discovered this week that Emergency is on Netflix. Roy! Johnny! (*swoon*) Dr. Kelly! This show was a fixture of my childhood. My mum & dad were instrumental in starting the volunteer EMS in my hometown in the 1970's and this show was crack for my family.
 
I need spring break to be over because late at night I get the compulsive urge to shop online. The UPS guy has been here every day this week. Not even joking. The good news is, I have some really cute new clothes/accessories/shoes to wear at AFA & NFA. The bad news is I'd best get my fat ass back to the gym or nothing will fit.
 
I have successfully skipped the gym every day this week.
 
My cats are cute, but they are jerks.


 
Cute


Cute
 
Cute

Jerks
While I've given myself permission to be completely lazy and unproductive today, tomorrow I have big plans. After cleaning my house, I'm going to devote my day to baking. I love baking. I have 2 cookie recipes to try, beer bread I want to make for the neighbors, and cake pops to experiment with. I may blog my culinary capers just so everyone can drool.



No comments:

Post a Comment