Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Water

Today I went to my first water aerobics class at Gold's Gym. It was lots of 70-80 year old ladies. And me.
This isn't them, though it sure is pretty close to accurate. I made friends with Judy and Jane. They were very helpful, telling me where to find pool weights, advising me how deep into the water I should go, and how to avoid getting my hair wet. I had a good time, but learned 4 VERY important things:
1. I'm a bit of a splasher, which did not amuse Judy and Jane. I ended up in the deep end by myself.
2. It is possible to sweat while you are swimming.
3. Don't make friends too quickly at water aerobics. Judy and Jane are "I'm-going-to-talk-to-you-in-the-locker-room-while-I'm-naked" people.
4. There are just some things you can't unsee.

No comments:

Post a Comment