Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Ta Da!

I just noticed as I opened my blog to write a post that this is my 50th post. I feel like I should write something really profound to mark the occasion . . .

 . . .

 . . . but I got nut'in . . .

The most profound thing I've done in the last week, was to clean out my file cabinet. I found tax records from 1998. When I was married. My name is KJ and I'm a paper hoarder. Well, I was a paper hoarder. I'm happy to report my file cabinet is cleaned out and I got rid of 3 huge bags of shredded documents! I did keep the paper I wrote when I was a junior in college and the original adoption papers from my Cabbage Patch Kids (which are still holed up in my mum's storage room in Ohio) Some things I'm just not quite ready to part with.

I'm half-way through teaching my online summer class. I have a much larger class than I had last summer and jeez-louise, the grading takes forever. And there is one student who is driving me crazy because she/he keeps wanting to meet during my office hours. Gah! It's an online class! I DON'T HAVE FREAKING OFFICE HOURS!

 It doesn't help that I'm crabby and it's probably because it's been gloomy and rainy for the last week and I'm ready to swing in my hammock and enjoy summer. Oh, and it didn't even reach 60 degrees today. Hello? Summer? Where you at, girl?

As I type this, Tonks keeps trying to pull my hand off the keyboard so I can pet her. It's adorable. And a little annoying. But I'll forgive her because she's the best spider killer ever! Except when Luna beats her to the bug. Then Luna is the best.

I've been working at the phone place nearly full time. I love it, mostly for the crazy-people calls. I was taking insurance company calls the other day and it was SO! FREAKING! BUSY! And when it gets super busy, I sometimes mess up the answer phrase. For example, instead of saying "Hi, this is KJ with XYZ insurance, have I reached someone with Greater Altoona Repair Company?" I said, "Have I reached someone with Greater America Repair Company?" The guy who I had called thought it was the funniest thing he had ever heard. I didn't think it was funny, I thought it was dumb I made the mistake. But he laughed and laughed and laughed. He snort laughed. He was British, so maybe it was funny in a British way?

Sometimes when I'm a little bored at work, I will try different accents when I answer calls. I suck at NY accents. But my "hint O'Irish" accent is pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment