Friday, May 2, 2014

Good News

Want to know something kind of sad and pathetic? I have been so conditioned by bad news over the last 6 months that I have a really, really hard time accepting good news that comes my way. I got 2 pieces of REALLY! GOOD! NEWS! on Monday, but I was so convinced something horrible was going to follow the good news, I was afraid to tell anyone. But I think I'm ready now . . .

Good News #1: I got my DREAM apartment and am moving July 1st! It's 2 bedroom, 2 bath, has a balcony, allows cats, includes all kinds of amenities (indoor pool!) and is fancy.

It's a serious grown-up apartment. It's nice to know I have 2 months to purge & pack. I'm currently boxing up clothes, realizing that I have a ridiculous amount of clothes & vowing to not buy another item of clothing until 2020. So far I've taken 3 large boxes of clothes to Goodwill. I'm putting some things on Craig's List in the hope that I can de-clutter and have less to move! So if you know of anyone who would like to buy an oak dining set, a really cute day-bed or a ton of craft/scrapbook stuff - send them my way!

Good News #2: I got my DREAM part-time job!! I was so sad to learn that the phone place I've worked at for the last 10 summers isn't hiring seasonal help. Knowing I needed something part-time, I took a chance and applied at Starbucks.
I have seriously wanted to work there forever - and not just because I love their coffee. I know nothing about "pulling shots" or mixing drinks, but the job appeals to my left-brain sensibilities. I get a kick out of learning a series of tasks and then figuring out how to efficiently and effectively complete them. Which happens to be what a barista does! When I got the call on Monday that I was being invited to be a member of the "team" I could barely control squealing with glee. Yesterday I had my introductory meeting, and it was AMAZING! I got my official Starbucks apron, had my first coffee tasting (Caffe Verona - wow - so good!) and got a store tour. I'm incredibly nervous about learning a whole new job, but that is tempered with knowing that it's an atmosphere that already feels comfortable.

So much good news. It's hard to believe it's my good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment