Sunday, April 27, 2014

Decisions

Decisions. Lots and lots of decisions. Decisions have been threatening to overwhelm me since returning from nationals. It hasn't helped that the bronchitis I was lucky enough to get has made doing anything quite difficult.

But I am starting to make some decisions on what the future holds for me . . .

For starters, I'm moving. Hopefully June 1st, but if I find an apartment I love that isn't open until July 1st, I'd move then. But the point is. I'm moving. I could wait until I sell, but that would just continue to keep me in limbo - and that's not a healthy place for me to be. I've prayed about this, and it feels like the right decision.

And I'm selling this mobile home. For cheap. It has repairs that need to be made, but I'm selling it cheap enough that a person would still be able to afford the repairs. I don't know how long it will take to sell, but again, I'm going to have faith that it will sell when the time is right.

I've been doing some online apartment searching and will start calling around on Monday. I have 4 absolute requirements: 1. Must allow cats 2. Must have garage 3. Must have washer/dryer hookups 4. Must have A/C. Then, I have some "preferences" which I would ignore for a great place, they are: 1. Is on 1 level (no stairs) 2. Has a patio or other outdoor space 3. Has additional storage space.

I'm going to try very hard to avoid being overwhelmed in the apartment search, and I'm praying that I'll know when I've found the perfect place for me and the cats. In the mean time, I'm starting to pack! I got some free boxes at Books-A-Million that are the perfect size and also collected boxes I've been saving for a while from my storage unit. If I pack a little every day, it shouldn't be too overwhelming.
Convenient that I have space in the flooded bedroom for stacking boxes!
One other thing . . . remember when this blog started out as a dating blog? Well, I may have some "date-ish" posts in the near future as I've been messaging a couple of guys on PoF. And I may have asked one out for coffee . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment