Tuesday, December 31, 2013

One Year

I'm patting myself on the back. Why? Because I've kept this blog up and going for a whole year. I'm a bit amazed by that. Growing up, I had many, many diaries, journals, etc. They all lasted a month or two, then I'd get bored. I had originally intended for this blog to chronicle a year of dating. I got bored with the dating, but kept blogging. Who knew I had it in me?

As I reflect on the last year, I have more joys than regrets, laughed more than I cried (barely), and had experiences that still resonate with things for me to learn. It was a good year. It was a hard year. It's a year that I'm happy to say good-bye to - not out of malice, but out of a sense of completeness.

I have always believed that life should be lived with no regrets. That even mistakes we make have lessons we should learn. So in these few hours between this year and the next, with reflection and anticipation, I thank 2013 and welcome 2014. I can't help but wonder what adventure it will hold . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment