Friday, December 20, 2013

Over the river and through the woods

Today has been crazy. This morning, I got to have breakfast with one of my alumni who never fails to lighten my soul!
Then I had a doctor's appointment with my GP, who firmly and strongly recommended some therapy to help me process my anxiety from the accident. So, back to the shrink. I then headed home to finish packing and cleaning the house. These two know that something is up.
Then it was back to school to give one final exam so I can say 2013 Fall Semester is DONE. Except for the exam grading and grade posting that needs finished - it's done. I have to submit grades by 5pm on December 26th. Once again (because I swear it happens EVERY semester) I had to give an exam during the very last exam time - 3pm on Friday. The students bitch and moan, but since I've gotten about 34,792 emails that we are Not! Allowed! To! Change! Exam! Times! and we Must! Meet! During! the Scheduled! Exam! Time! Well, I'm not going to change it because I'm a peon and don't want to be fired. So, I made them cupcakes and they took the exam and then it was DONE.

Home to load my car up and make sure everything is ready to go for a 6am leave time. Just a short 9 hour drive between me and my family! I'm so very excited to be in Ohio, surrounded by family.

These decorations were my mum's when she was a little girl.
I cherish them! They are the only holiday decorations I have out. Which is another reason I'm excited to see my mum and her 500 Christmas trees :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment