Saturday, January 11, 2014

11 things . . .

11 Things . . .

1. I have running and working drains. I've successfully washed the 347 coffee cups and 18 spoons that accumulated over my plumbing debacle. I've also washed 2 loads of laundry. So far, the plumbing seems to be working. Given that it cost me $450, it really should.

2. I have spent the morning scrubbing floors since the roto-rooter guys made kind of a mess unclogging my drain. That's OK, because they fixed the problem.

3. I have become completely addicted to Drop Dead Diva. Why am I just now discovering it? I've been binge watching it through the Great Plumbing Debacle of 2014 and I'm going to be so sad when I run out of episodes.

4. I'm also addicted to "Beautiful Creatures," which I started listening to on my drive back from Ohio. It is a bajillionty CD's long, and sometimes I take the long way home just so I can listen to it longer.

5. My mum gave me Dunkin Donuts Pumpkin coffee in my Christmas stocking and it is freaking amazing.

6. I'm back to counting points on Weight Watchers online. How do I feel about this? Meh.

7. I am thrilled beyond belief that the Polar Vortex has finally passed and the temperatures aren't dangerous.

8. My joints are super-pissed at the changing temps. I have an appointment on Monday to get a cortisone injection into my right shoulder. While I'm not looking forward to a needle in my shoulder, I am looking forward to the pain relief.

9. I've been on a crocheting binge to go along with my Drop Dead Diva binge. I don't feel as guilty watching TV if I'm doing something productive.

10. My mum and sister are coming to visit during my spring break in March and I'm So! Freaking! Excited!

11. My cousin Shawn sent me the sweetest gift, just because I was having a horrid week. It's perfect and made my day! The cats think it's cute as well.

2 comments:

  1. Solving the plumbing issue is definitely a good news. Plumbing is really a messy and tough job. Even it cost you to scrub the floor, the good news is it all your drains have been fixed properly. What a relief right?

    Levi @ CapitalPlumbing.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know that your plumbing issues were resolved quickly! I would suggest that you consider having routine maintenance on your drains to avoid recurrence of a clog. Anyway, the present Shawn gave you is a day brightener indeed! Good day!

    Monica Ryan

    ReplyDelete