Friday, July 5, 2013

Not what I thought . . .

When I started this blog, I really thought it would be a year of chronicling my dating adventures. . . then I got tired of dating. I've written about other stuff, but feel like a poser because I keep ignoring the dating stuff. It prevents me from writing posts. And I don't think I like that.

So . . . I'm officially embracing the title of this blog. I'm going to attempt to EXPLAIN IT ALL!! At least, from my perspective. There may eventually be more dating stuff, but not right now.

So, what's on my mind this moment? Strawberries. We have these little blue strawberry shacks that spring up around Eau Claire during strawberry season. We had such a late spring that the strawberries are just now getting picked and I am buying them so often I'm going to have to take out a loan to continue with my obsession.

I like my strawberries simple. Sprinkled with a bit of sugar and a bit of balsamic vinegar. Sweet, strawberrylicious bites of heaven! I also love strawberries dipped in chocolate. So yummy!
In personal news, I became an official member of First Congregational United Church of Christ. I really, really love this church. UCC has a philosophy of open love and acceptance of anyone at any place in their own spiritual journey. As an LGBTQ ally, I am so happy to have found a church that reflects my beliefs. The pastor is very laid back and his sermons make me think. I'm hoping to get more involved in some of the groups this fall.
Proof that I can't take a good selfie to save my life!
I've been trying to get more stuff done around the house, but get tired pretty easily. For months I've thought this was because I'm a lazy-ass, but I do wonder if my anemia has something to do with this. I have a doctor's appointment next week to figure out what to do with this anemia business. Until then, I've spent lots of time here:
Yes, that's Harry Potter on my lap. I'm re-reading the series this summer!
Which is incredibly relaxing, especially when this is my view:

The most exciting moment of my week? Learning that Santa shops at Mega Foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment