Saturday, July 6, 2013

Diet Bet

Have you heard of Diet Bet? You bet a set amount of money that you can lose 4% of your body weight in 4 weeks. If you don't lose the weight, you forfeit the money you bet and it's put in the pot with the money from all the other losers. That money is then divided between those who lost their 4%.

Well, I bet $25 I could do this. There are almost 500 people in the group and the pot is over $12,000. I really want to be the only one who wins. I figure even if I break even (meaning everyone loses their weight) I'll still be down a few pounds. It's motivating me. I'm logging food and planning meals on My Fitness Pal and trying to be more active.

Eating healthy is a challenge for me. I hate most green vegetables (and there is actually a scientific reason!) and have weird texture issues with fruit. I love the flavor of peaches, pineapple and mangoes - but the texture freaks me the freak out and I can't eat them. My favorite fruit? Strawberries, grapes, watermelon and Bing cherries - WHICH ARE ALL IN SEASON!!! This is what my fridge looks like:

Strawberries are in the cool whip containers and I ate the last of the grapes while cutting up the watermelon. And yes, that's a mason-jar salad in the back-ground. If I pre-plan meals (like the salads & pre-portioned fruit) I make better choices.

I have several days off from work starting Monday, and along with a major closet clean-out I want to get some baking/cooking done so I have meals ready to grab and go. I make a mean potato salad that I'm really looking forward to!

Now I'm hungry. Think I'll grab some watermelon. Or cherries. Or strawberries . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment