Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Accountability

I thought this would be fun (insert sarcasm font here) - I'm going to snap pics of everything I eat in the next week and post them here on my blog. Why? A couple of reasons - I'm hoping it will make me think about what I'm eating, and will also give me a better overall picture of the balance of food that I'm eating. So, let's start!!

This was breakfast:

I've been prescribed an iron supplement because my iron levels are crap. I was told to try and take it on an empty stomach . . . so this was breakfast.

Then I got busy with errands and didn't eat lunch until 12:30. Lunch was much yummier!
That's an almond butter & grape jelly sandwich on white bread. My favorite sandwich in the whole entire world. I didn't eat all the grapes because some of them were mushy - and I hate mushy grapes! I washed everything down with some crystal light lemonade, which I'm addicted to!

Snack:
Chocolate covered marshmallow dipped in crushed graham crackers. A S'more Pop - YUM! (Home-made by me!)

Supper:

Bubble-up enchiladas. One of my favorite recipes!!! I also had dessert:
Mint Chocolate Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich - so good!

This evenings snack:

Yes. I instagrammed Watermelon, because the food pics were getting a bit boring. That's the end of this watermelon . . . I have another one to cut up tomorrow :-) I have to say, I've gotten pretty good at picking watermelon that will be sweet and juicy but not "mealy" - I hate that!

On MFP, I have a daily calorie target of 1500-1600 calories a day. I usually aim for a couple hundred under that, as I don' count calories of any fruit or non-starchy veggies I eat. I also don't count my powdered coffee creamer because that's just a pain in the ass. Today, my total is 1184 calories. Pretty satisfied with my choices, and actually quite proud that I only ate one of the S'more Pops I made!

And of course, the snack monster often makes an evening appearance. Here's what I ate over the course of a couple of hours:

 <---That's the last bite of a Fiber One bar, which I almost forgot to take a picture of! These snacks bring by daily calorie total to 1454, which I'm pretty happy with. Drank a lot of coffee/iced tea and lemonade throughout the day. I really am addicted to Crystal Light Lemonade. So refreshing!! I need to work on more dairy tomorrow!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment