Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Ridiculous

It is ridiculous that I've not posted in over a week. Sorry. Life got in the way. I spent the last week taking my forensics team to the first of 3 national forensics tournaments. They won a trophy and I breathed a sigh of relief.
I have a week at home to catch up on laundry, grading, cleaning and sleeping, then it's off to national tournament #2. I'm officially taking a break from even checking the dating websites. They make me tired. Especially when I get messages like "I'm looking for a submissive - I'd even be willing to train you." I'm tempted to reply just to ask what it was in my profile that made him think I'd be interested. Ugh.

One of my favorite parts of nationals travel is that I get to share a hotel room with my friend Karen. We talk about many very important things, like how she can drink Diet Coke in the evening but it keeps me awake, which control top pantyhose are the best, and which fast food we crave most frequently. She did ask me this weekend if I missed Joe. The question surprised me, but the answer did not. No. I don't miss him. I actually had the thought at one quiet moment that I was glad I didn't have to find the time to text him. It makes me wonder if there will ever be anyone worth "finding the time for" - even when I'm exhausted and busy.

I'm going to try and post more frequently, even though April is stupid-busy. But there will be very little guy talk. The search will resume in May, when I'm home for more than a week at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment