Tuesday, January 6, 2015

The frozen Tundra

Since it is 8000 degrees below zero, I figured I should start a grateful post for coffee. Specifically, decaf coffee - because that's what I'm currently addicted to during this cold spell.

I'm also really, really grateful for my rheumatologist, Dr. S. The rheumatologist I'd had for years retired last year. I nearly drowned myself in tears b/c I loved Dr. A. so much, and I was irritated someone was going to replace her. Dr. S. is a great doctor, though he is a man of very, very few words. Getting him to string together 5-6 words in 1 stretch is pushing things, but he's good at what he does, so I just go with it.

Today, I had to go in for bi-lateral cortisone injections in my knees. Just as Dr. S. told me he was getting ready to begin, I sat up, and with a panicked voice asked if it was too late for an epidural. And you know what? He laughed. Out loud. For several seconds. I had never even seen the man smile AND I MADE HIM LAUGH. As thrilled as this made me, it was tempered by the fact he is retiring in June. So, once again, I will have to adjust to a new doctor. I hope she/he's one who will laugh at my jokes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment